Samsung UN46ES6003 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz Slim LED HDTV (Black)

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Slim Tv UN46F6300 46-Inch

Slim Tv  UN46F6300 46-Inch





Slim Tv  UN46F6300 46-Inch




My background: Art major, pro photographer, highend home audio/stereo veteran, home-theater veteran (sort of). Owned a couple of front projectors over the last decade, currently without one...still have a very large 2.35:1 Da-Lite high gain screen. I don't play video games. I mostly watch 1080i "hdtv" broadcasts, or else blu rays via a slightly old player. All connected with silver-plated HDMI cable (yes it does make a big difference...and this cable did not cost very much, either).

With the above in mind, most of my review is about my personal journey, and my perception of the tv, regarding image quality. I've not begun to dig into many of the "smart tv" features. They do seem to work fine, though. Would work better with a keyboard. Also my internet connection is not the fastest.

I've had this 46F6300 tv nearly a month. I had tried the 40 inch 5000 series, but returned it (it had the "sharp" panel, and it just plain sucked...Thankfully, this particular 46F6300 only comes with the Samsung panel, so you can order one from anywhere and not have to worry about the Samsung "panel lottery"). Having spent a lot of money on new camera equipment over the last 6 months, amongst other things...I wanted to see if I could live with spending a minimum amount of cash on a tv. It turns out, I could not. And 40 inches is smaller than two people can comfortably watch anyway. Sitting 12 feet away from any 1080p tv smaller than 80 inches, is a waste of pixels in my opinion...so I sit much closer. But sitting closer means there's barely room for two people...at least on the front row.

After some extra research, and joining AVS forum (a few debates on another forum)...and several visits to local tv showrooms, I concluded this F6300 would suit me.
Read more ›

Slim Tv  UN46F6300 46-Inch

No comments:

Post a Comment